The department of Commerce is one of the leading departments of the college; having larger enrolment of students. It was established in 1972 for the promotion commerce education in the rural and hilly areas of Junnar taluka and nearby talukas. The prime aim of the department is to enrich students with knowledge and skills and encourages them to opt for professional courses like C.A, ICWA, M.B.A, I.C.A., C.S., and so on. For this purpose, the department has maintained the faculty with combination of specializations in the subject of Cost Works Accounting, Advanced Accounting, Business Administration, Auditing and Taxation. Department of Commerce since from its inception, accommodating increasing strength of students for commerce discipline and also striving hard to keep pace with the changing economic and business scenario in the country through the revised syllabi of University of Pune from time to time.
Acquire Excellence in Commerce Education with Changing Business Scenario.
To impart higher education in commerce to the students especially in cost and work accounting and encourage them to make carrier therein.
- To promote commerce education in rural and hill areas.
- To impart commerce education to develop professional skills among the students.
- To encourage the students for professional education like CA, ICWA, CS, MBA, etc.
- To inculcate moral, cultural & social values among the students to become prudent citizens.
- To develop the spirit of national integration among the students.