The Department of Botany of this college was established in 1970, with Pre-Degree and F. Y. B.Sc. Classes till 1978. Few of our notable things are :
- In 1978, S. Y. B.Sc. class was introduced. In the year 1975, XI sci. was introduced and XII Sci. in the subsequent year.
- At present the Department of Botany has F.Y. & S.Y. U.G. and XI & XII Jr. College Classes.
- The Department has separate spacious Laboratory for smooth conduct of practicals.
- The Department has two competent Doctorate Faculty at Sr. & two trained at Jr. Level.
- The Department has One Laboratory Assistant & Two Lab. Attendants.
- The spacious Laboratory is equipped with necessary Equipment & materials required for practicals of above mention classes.
- The Department is also provided with computer facility & Internet connectivity.
- The Laboratory has Instruments as per syllabus and Laboratory having 1600 sq. ft., Space with HOD Cabin, museum, Faculty room etc.
- Collaboration with Department of Botany, B.J. College, Ale. For Major Research Project and Ghod Project Division, Junnar, Forest Department, Govt. of Maharashtra.
- Seats/Intake : 120 at F.Y./ XI Sci. Level.
- Eligibility : XII Science Passed with Biology as one of the subject / X Passed.
- Admission Procedure : Merit and Reservation: On First come First serve basis.
Facilities/ Service Offered
- Computer facility & Internet connectivity.
- Arranging Exhibitions
- Motivating students in Research / Avishkar Activities /Competition.
- Providing access to Herbarium.
Companies for Campus Placements